Saturday, April 17, 2010

What a week!


Its officially been one for the record books... a "first" for me. One that I am excited about, but also just as scared and nervous for the future.... I quit my job! It has been a long time coming, and I finally reached my breaking point. When it came right down to it, my family-- my marriage, came first. And so, I left. It feels great. I feel as though a weight has been lifted off my chest. But I am also scared. I don't know what the future holds for me, or where I am going to go... but I know I will find something. I don't have a choice but to find something. Its going to be great. I can feel it-- this is a needed change, and doors are going to open up.... I just hope they hurry! :)


Justin and I had an amazing day yesterday. We started off by going to the street fair held every year for the Tulip Festival. It was a warm, sunny day, and we strolled along the street looking at all the goodies that the vendors had to offer... Justin got a free massage, and we bought a "Marine Corps" ornament that we had our names put on... a little memory for our next Christmas tree! :)


As we were headed home, we realized that it was much too nice to spend the rest of the day inside... so we pulled the top off of the Jeep, took our the windows, loaded up some snacks, and headed east. It was a beautiful drive... and we went all the way to Diablo! I couldn't have asked for a better day with my wonderful husband, it was just what we needed. On our way home, we stopped to look at the elk that are spending their spring and summer in the local fields.. such a beautiful thing to see!


We finished off the evening by firing up the barbecue and making some delicious hamburgers.... a beautifully perfect spring day. I am so looking forward to more beautiful days to come... and to a perfect summer. Justin and I haven't spent a summer together yet.. he was overseas for the entire duration of the last summer... so this one has no choice but to be fabulous. Why? Because no matter where I go or what I do.. I get to do it with him. And that, makes all the difference. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment