Saturday, February 20, 2010

Holy Hockey Pucks, Batman!!

I guess after going to hundreds of hockey games over the course of my lifetime, it was bound to happen sometime. Wednesday night, we went to a hockey game for Justin's birthday, and bought seats in the 6th row... which sounded awesome, but as we sat down we discovered it was right at the top of the plexiglass.

We made it through the first two periods unscathed, but, just as I turned my head in the third period, the hockey puck left the ice, came over the plexiglass.. and WHACK, it hit me. Right in the throat. Yes, I said it. In the throat. For a minute, I wasn't sure what happened-- it was so fast. All I heard was everyone go "Ohhhhhh" and the guy to my right turned to cover his young daughter, Justin tried to reach up and cover my face, and it was an instant stinging feeling. I didn't know it was a hockey puck. I thought maybe the guy in front of my turned around and punched me for no reason. Or the cranky lady beside me decided she had enough of me yelling at my team...... oh no, it was just a puck!

And it hurt! Of course, the safety crew from the arena was down to check on me before the puck even hit the ground, and after checking my neck, moving my head a bit, and finding the puck.... I determined that I was in fact fine. The crowd cheered, we went back to watching the game... and I left with a huge bruise and a lot of swelling on my neck.

...Oh, what a night. I can't wait to go to another game. Man, I love hockey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment