Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hard to believe that its been a year...

That's right. It has been almost a year since Justin and I got married. It was official July 23rd, 2009... though, we didn't know until over a week after that, since he was in Iraq at the time. A year. So many things have happened. We have finished a deployment to Iraq. We have managed homecoming, moving, and our first holidays as a married couple. We have managed a road trip, adopting two kittens, and all the other hectic things that come with the first year of marriage. And here we are, almost to the other side. We still come love each other, and even though there have been arguements and disagreements... we have lived to tell the stories and laugh about it. I couldn't ask for more.

... And the next years are going to bring so many more exciting things, I can't wait to see it all unfold!

In the meantime, the new job is going really well. I'm getting settled in there, and really starting to learn things, which is a good feeling. I don't feel like I'm brand new anymore, thank GOD, and I really am enjoying my role as a manager there. I think it is going to be a great fit for me. For now, at least. Who knows what life will have in store for us in the future! :)

We are going to Leavenworth for our one year anniversary, and staying in a really awesome hotel. I can't wait to go! I havent been there in a long time, and I love all of the little shops and tourist-y stuff. Its going to be a great time!

Justin has been working steadily (thank goodness!) and has joined a fight gym in his off time. He's going there three or four nights a week, and at some point he will start fighting for them on the team. (MMA type fights.) He is really enjoying it, and I can't wait to start watching him fight! Its something that we both really enjoy watching, so I can only imagine that it will be better when he is doing it!

Hard to believe that it is already halfway thru July already. Where does the time go? The sun has finally come out, and I have had a couple of days that I have been able to enjoy it... I really couldn't ask for more!

In closing... I love you, Justin! Thank you for the most wonderful first year of marriage a girl could ask for. I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone other then you! <3

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been a year already either. Time flies when your having fun!

    ReplyDelete